Department Of Botany
Year of establishment – 2013
Sanctioned Teaching Posts: 02
The Department of Botany was established in the year 2013 with Dr Abdul Rashid Dar as Head of the Department focusing to train the desirous students about understanding and practising various aspects of plant sciences. The Department has been fortunate enough to have dynamic, zealous, and research-oriented faculty. The Department has excelled in various spheres of curricular and co-curricular activities and has been successful in establishing a well-equipped lab, a museum, a botanical garden, and a herbal garden. The Department engages the students in various innovative activities like preservation of live specimens, preparation of herbarium specimens, and organizes regular field trips to incur research attitude in the students and to bring their hidden capabilities to the surface.
Prof Mudasir Roshan
The Department of Botany since its inception in 2013 has strived towards excellence and distinction. The Department has successfully diversified and kept pace with changing needs and demands to cater to the needs of all stakeholders associated with the Department in particular and the college in general.
The Department, over the years has been marching towards a judicious mix of initiatives together with collective efforts to preserve and disseminate the seeds of excellence. The aim is to nurture the aspirations of the pioneers who created this Department and taking further steps to lead the students through creativity and breathe new life into the subject and help them to become active participants in the further development of society.
Courses Offered: B.Sc
Duration - 3 Years
- Library: The Central Library of the college has a rich collection of 421 books for the students of Botany. The books pertaining to all the important spheres of Botany like Bacteria, Viruses, Algae, Fungi, Gymnosperms, Angiosperms, Taxonomy, Anatomy, Embryology, Plant Physiology, Plant Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Ecology are in the collection. Besides this, the Department also has its own small library of 57 books which needs to be expanded in the near future.
- Classrooms with ICT facility: The smartboard is installed in the smart classroom which is used to provide ICT facility to the students.
- Student laboratories: The Department has one laboratory which caters to the needs of the students. The lab is equipped with the instruments like Spectrophotometer, Laminar Air Flow, Deep freezer, TLC kit, Compound microscopes, Ganong’s Respirometer, Water analysis Kit, Binocular Microscopes.
- Link for theory examination B. Sc Botany Ist sem (Fresh/Backlog) on 21-11-2020 Click here
- Link for practical examination B.Sc Botany Ist sem (Fresh/Backlog) to be held on 21-11-2020 click here
- E-verification link for 2nd sem Botany Internal Assessments, fresh and backlog students 2020 click here
- E-verification link for 4th sem Botany Internal Assessments for fresh candidates only 2020 Click here
- E-verification link for B. Sc 4th sem Botany Internal Assessments for backlog candidates only 2020 click here
- Google Classroom timetable for 3rd sem Batch (2019) & 5th sem Batch (2018) Download
- Assignment for the Internal Assessments, 2020.
- Assignment for Botany 2nd sem Download
- Assignment for Botany 4th sem Download
- Assignment for Botany 5th sem Download