Year of establishment – 2003
Sanctioned Teaching Posts: 02
Existing Teaching Posts: 02
Political Science is the systematic study of politics or the process by which governmental decisions are made. Political science originated with the ancient Greeks in the first century BC. During this time, the philosopher Plato wrote numerous dialogues about politics, asking about the nature of justice, what constitutes good government, and what is truly best for humanity. His student Aristotle worked in a more scientific way, observing and describing types of governments systematically. At the start of the seventeenth century, people began to apply the methods of the scientific revolution to politics. The contemporary discipline, however, is considerably broader than this, encompassing studies of all the societal, cultural, and psychological factors that mutually influence the operation of government and the body politic
Prof Mehraj-ud-Din Bhat
The Department of Political Science was started in 2003 with the aim to train students in the fundamentals of political science. The Department is recognized for its excellence in the areas of Indian Politics, International Relations, state politics, and western philosophy. The department is one of the most active, vibrant, and innovative centers among the social science faculty. It has continually and systematically revised and updated its syllabi reflecting the changing concerns of the discipline and the emerging needs of society. With the accelerated pace of changes at all levels of human living, the discipline of Political Science is increasingly gaining importance both in relevance and scope. The evolving political dynamics within and among states are leading to the growth of the discipline both in its dimensions and complexity. In this context, the Department of Political Science will continue to grow in importance. Departments have remained committed to excellence in teaching. The department needs to remain committed to excellence. It must continue to promote a free encounter of ideas, Learning, generating new ideas, debating the contending positions. Education is not merely transmitting the information. It is much more than that. It is a multidimensional process aimed at transforming an individual into a socially, psychologically, physically, skill-wise, culturally, morally, intellectually and in terms of sensibilities, a better and cultivated human being. We in the department remain committed to this view of education. The department is served by the faculty of immense repute. The faculty has published extensively in the form of reports, articles, reviews, commentaries, perspectives, and research papers in reputed journals. Some of the faculty members are also working with the organizations like CSDS and are doing field surveys to analyze the political mood of the state. Faculty members have also secured the research fellowships from ICSSR, New Delhi.
The department has a well-established library. Besides this, some national papers are also available in the library.
- Time Table for BA 5th Semester (Batch 2018) and 3rd Semester (Batch 2019) Download
- Attention Please: All the students of Political Science are Requested to go through the Notification Issued by the College regarding the submission of Assignments before submitting the Same.
- If any Query feel free to text on firstname.lastname@example.org/ or call on 7889464439/9906999557
- Question Paper for BA 5th Semester Western Political Thought Download
- Question Paper for BA 5th Semester Govt. and Politics in Jammu and Kashmir Download
- Question Paper for BA 4th Semester International Relations Download
- Question Paper fro BA 2nd Semester Indian Government and Politics Download
- Question Paper for BA 3rd Semester Skill Enhancement Course Legislative Support (Backlog ) Download
- Question paper for BA 4th Semester Skill Enhancement Course Public Opinion and Survey Research (Backlog) Download
- Question Paper for BA fresh Private/Private Students Indian Thought: Thinkers and Themes Download
- Question Paper of Public Administration paper Indian Administration for fresh/Distance mode students Download